How We Know Anything About Wine- Social Media
Whether we like it or not, Social Media has been a reliable archive of first-hand sources pertaining to the natural wine world. Simply following some of your favorite winemakers, wine professionals, and wine writers can keep you in the loop on new releases and current events. Here are a few of our favorite accounts we actively follow.
• More Natural Wine: Fun fact, More is the reason USNW exists! Chris and Anika run More Natural Wine, a Berlin-based wine e-Commerce store. We ordered case after case from them while living in Finland. They have arguably the largest selection of natural wines in the E.U. Follow them for tasting notes, tips, and fun wine content.
• Kae Whalen: Kae's account is a must follow for those of us who have trouble articulating our wine affections. Click the Instagram Live tab to see Kae & Sam's show Gay Wine, with the introduction "we're gay, and we like wine". Just two gorgeous humans telling it like it is: talking about wine in the most relatable way. Need I say more?!?
• Nad Wines: Pronounced like "nod", Nadia is an absolute force in the natural wine & social media world. Assistant Editor of The Wine Zine, and brand manager Nico Wine in Sacramento, Nad spends her time educating and connecting with people over wine.
• The Millenial Somm: While not natural wine focused, Isis Daniel is someone you HAVE to follow if you want to learn the basics about wine. She's WSET II and practically TIKTOK famous. She's able to convey difficult and tedious wine topics in a quick and fun way through short videos and weekly tastings. There's so much more to her and her page; I could go on forever.
Other VERY important accounts we follow:
• French Wine Tutor: Katie is spreading the good word of French wine. She's making wine truly accessible for all by teaching you how to pronounce everything from grape varieties to regions in proper French.
• Whit and Wine: Whitney (somm &WSET II) is helping curious wine-o's understand natural wine.
• Drink Natty Wines: Mostly natural wine bottle selfies, tasting notes, and the best recommendations.
• Notes Intl: Great wine recs and party hosts! "A community of Black and brown folks that love natty wine, music, and the intersection of the two".
• American Fizz: All about American wine, so you know we're on board. Margot truly has a way with words. Subscribe to their newsletter to see what I mean.
• Co-Fermented: Darwin began Co-Fermented to create a space for LGBTQIA+ folks in the industry. Check the new Instagram segment, 'Co-Chats'!
• Queer Wino: William is a wine pro advocating pride in wine. Also, FOOD PAIRINGS!
• Wine It On Me: Candace is a "Wine connector helping you Drink Without Borders™️". Check the Tasty Tuesday segment.
• Bathing Grapes: Marreya and her page Bathing Grapes, celebrates the intersection of low-intervention wines and underrepresented groups. Great content and wine education!
• Millennials Drink Wine: Fun, approachable, and easy content. Giving the full 411 on wine education, piece by piece.
• Mr Noël Burgess: A fun wine writer to follow, promoting inclusion and diversity in wine.